CCS students are expected to wear clothing that is neat, clean, modest, and culturally acceptable in the Hutchinson area. Parents are responsible to ensure that their student is in compliance with the dress code when departing for school. When in doubt, don't wear it/allow it.
The student body should encourage each other in submission to all school rules, including dress code. We believe that a willing compliance with these standards prepares students to submit to greater authorities in their lives. Students are expected to be in dress code during the entire school day and at programs and activities unless otherwise indicated. Students will be sent to the office or home for dress code violations. The administration reserves the right to make changes in the dress code and to make judgments concerning appropriate dress or appearance.
Elementary School Dress Code
- Elementary students will be dressed uniformly.
- All school dress should be of a solid color: solid polo or oxford shirts paired with solid shorts, capris, skirts, jumpers, or pants including solid polo dresses.
- Solid color and weave of crew or v-neck sweater, over polo or oxford, is acceptable.
- Pants, shorts, (girls’ capris pants, skorts, jumpers and skirts) may be navy blue, khaki, or black. Shorts, jumpers, and skirts may be no shorter than two inches above the knee.
- No extreme hairstyles or unnaturally colored hair (blue, green, purple), extreme makeup styles, earrings (for boys), body piercings, tattoos of any kind are permitted.
- Flip-flops or shoes that leave black marks on the floor are not permitted.
- A particular color and/or style may be designated for special school events or field trips.
- Friday’s are “Cougar Wear Days.” Students may wear any CCS shirt with uniform bottoms.