At Central Christian Elementary, it is our goal to develop academically prepared students through a Christ-centered education and to help them develop a Biblical worldview. The Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ are woven into the total educational program through grade-level curriculum. Most, but not all, of our curriculum is from biblical worldview publishers. Our worldview carries throughout our music and art program, physical education, weekly chapels, service-learning projects, etc.
Teachers provide a nurturing environment for students while encouraging them toward our ultimate goal: the yielding of their lives to God and the development of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Other things you might like to know about us:
- Elementary chapels occur weekly and include praise and worship music followed by biblically-based teaching. This happens through guest speakers, skits, biblically-based lessons, PowerPoints, object lessons, etc.
- Music programs are always a delight and occur at Christmas time and then again in the spring.
At Central we like to have fun in other ways too! Some of our elementary celebrations include:
- Grandparents Day in September
- Grades 2-5 Family Math Night in October or November
- Operation Christmas Child in November
- Thanksgiving class parties in November
- Kindergarten Wannabe Day in November
- Christmas class parties in December
- Pre-k–Grade 1 Family Reading Night in January
- Kansas Day celebration in January
- 100 Days of School Celebration in Jan./Feb.
- 4th Grade Wax Museum in February
- Valentines Day class parties in February
- Read Across America Celebration in March
- Kindergarten Exploration & First Grade Preview in March
- First Grade Circus in March/April
- Easter class parties in Mar./Apr.
- Awards Assembly at the end of the year
Because we value the parent/school partnership in each child’s education, we hold Parent/Teacher conferences twice a year, in October and in February. We do evening conferences as well as daytime conferences in order to accommodate our working families, but regular communication happens frequently during the school year as well.
K–5th Grade Faculty
Select a Profile
Vocal Music Instructor
Literacy Services Specialist