Our middle school and high school students have the opportunity to participate in competitive scholars bowl. Schools compete head-to-head to answer questions from the categories of world language, language arts, science/health, social studies, mathematics, Fine arts, and year in review (current events). Practices last between 30 and 45 minutes and are held before or after school a few times a week.
high school scholars bowl:
- The competition season runs from October through February.
- It is sanctioned by the Kansas State High School Activities Association, with regional and state competitions being held in each classification.
- The Heart of the Plains League Championship Round Robin Tournament is held each January.
- CCS participates in other invitational tournaments on the junior varsity and varsity levels against teams from all state classifications.
middle school scholars bowl:
- The Heart of the Plains League has three scholars bowl meets in the spring.
- CCS competes in the North Division and East Division Meets as well as the All-League Meet.